By Frank H. T. Rhodes, Richard O. Stone, Bruce D. Malamud
Man’s advanced courting to planet Earth is explored during this moment version of the landmark anthology edited by means of Frank Rhodes and Bruce Malamud. This quantity offers a portrait of the planet as skilled not only via scientists, yet via artists, aviators, poets, philosophers, novelists, historians, and sociologists besides.
- A specified assortment that bridges the distance among technology and arts
- Contains writings via scientists, artists, aviators, poets, philosophers, novelists, historians, and sociologists together with Charles Darwin, Dane Picard, Rachel Carson, John Muir, Mark Twain and Archibald Geikie
- Represents the human adventure over the centuries, overlaying a span of 2,500 years
- Reflects the planet’s striking actual range
- The past variation used to be voted one of many 25 ‘Great Books of Geology’ via readers of the magazine of Geological schooling
''...this is a really precious learn, with anything for everybody attracted to geography, earth structures and geology, average historical past or the final environment.'' Robert A. Francis, King’s university London, Progress in actual Geography